I'm looking at ordering a K2/100 and hoping I'm not making a mistake
by trying to build something I have no experience in. I'm really
wanting to get into CW more and this is my main purpose for purchasing
this rig, so hope this is the right choice, though I will use voice
too. It seemed simpler than other radios and I liked that. Though I
noticed by the time I finish w/ upgrades, it nears the price of the
K3. Any suggested configurations for this purpose would help as well.
But I do have the following questions:

Can I add ANY of the upgrades to the K2 in ANY order?

Is there a benefit to purchasing all the upgrades at once (e.g. latest
and greatest parts are known to be perfectly compatible, or will all
be compatible at any time (seem to recall reading some older models
need special upgrades because of the newest stuff out))?

Where can I find a list of tools I need to build this radio? And are
there any kits out there that teaches one to solder for the way this
board requires?

KTA100 - What's the difference w/ the KTA100-1, and KTA100-2? One is
in a low profile external case, and the latter is in a larger K2 size
external case? Does something else go in the larger case along w/ the
KTA100-2? Any good reasons to make it external or part of the radio?