Hi Larry,

Yes, I have the Goldline with the HC5 element. I generally leave the switch in
the wide position. I found that using the default transmit equalization
settings on the K3 resulted in too much bass with my voice. I used the K3
transmit equalization settings to reduce the bass until I found a setting that
sounded good. I used the K3 monitor and fed audio to my computer at various
equalization settings. Then I listened on the station speaker to determine the
setting I liked best.

I also use a boomset that needs different equalization settings so I created
macros to set the equalization, mic gain, and compression for each mic, then
assigned the macros to front panel buttons.

73, Robert N9EF