Don't be foolish.  Nothing is illegal until you are indicted.  When I
was in shcool, a friend of mine was involved in an accident with an
ambulance with its siren on.  He had his car radio on too loud.  I don't
belive that hearing tests are a prerequisite for a driver's license in most
state.  They are certainly not in my state.  But I agree, wearing headphones
while driving is  not a good idea.  But common ordinary "horse sense" is no
longer  taught in the schools.

    73,

    Steve N7VS