Well for myself anyway, I wouldn't say that the price of the thing
wouldn't matter. It seems to me anyway that $2K seems a bit high. I'm
imaging that most of the discussion on price so far has been
speculation.

I'm in the process of getting my feet wet with Elecraft. I'm hoping to
have a K3 with a P3 up and running by the end of May. Since I'm
setting up my first shack, I'm not diving into the pool of kickers
just yet. However, I'm leaving room in my antenna plans, etc. for an
amplifier down the road. I've figured that picturing a ~500W would be
pretty spot on. I don't want to start getting close to a kW since the
extra power starts to bring unwanted consequences.

The KPA500 is news to me as of tonight. I'm glad to see that Elecraft
is really widening their RF product line to include this kind of
stuff. I can definitely say that I'll be keeping an eye out for the
KPA500 in the future be because it's a perfect match for the K3.

Can't wait for the details!

Geoffrey Wolf
University of Pittsburgh '14
AB3LS - Amateur radio call sign