Tom,

Yes, there is a menu item - it is the sidetone source.
Enter the menu for STL, then set the parameter for something loud enough
for you to hear - use 25 if you have no other idea.  Then while still in
the menu edit, tap the DISPLAY button to toggle between the 2 sidetone
sources (it sometimes takes multiple taps).  Stop when you hear sidetone
and tap the menu button twice to exit the menu.

If you frequently change the sidetone level, there is a chance of
accidently tapping the Display button while still editing the sidetone
level.  When zero beating, I recommend you change the AF gain to make
the signal about the same amplitude as the signal rather than changing
the sidetone level - it is faster and less chance of an error.

73,
Don W3FPR