Wayne:

As an extension to this feature, a quasi-simultaneous S-meter read of
main and sub receivers would be very useful in evaluating antenna gain
and diversity reception.

Ideally the main and sub signal strength readings would be captured at
the same time, but if some short delay is necessary, the concept is
still useful. (Sending sequential read commands to the main and sub adds
an unknown delay between the two measurements.)

The main thing here is close to simultaneous capture; data transmission
of the two values can be subject to whatever delay is inherent in the
K3's firmware.

Jack K8ZOA