For many of us who are constrained to one non-resonant antenna and  work
multiple bands, we are presently running amps with built-in ATU
functionality.  All of the discussion on bypassing external relay boxes,  etc,
is of
value to those who are lucky enough to have space for multiple  antennas, but
for those of us with one G5RV, it is academic.

>From the perspective of folks like me, Elecraft has either made a  goof, or
a brilliant marketing decision in releasing the amp before the matching
ATU.  I will not be ordering the amp until the ATU is available, which is a
bummer for me, but it self-limits the demand for the amp and avoids a pileup
of  unfilled orders, which, I am guessing, was the original strategy.

When can we expect the ATU?