Cold and rainy here, also...

Actually, I would love to have such a P/S built into my base K3. (Yes,
the K3 is very light and portable; except not so much when you have to
bother with PS, cables and cord).

With a built-in PS you wouldn't need any meters or box and could use a
standard line cord instead of cables, APP connectors, etc. (Would
require a new back panel for the K3, i guess...) This would be more
convenient to transport, even for just around the house when you'd
like to do some SWLing in different rooms at a moment's notice. (A MW
loop antenna might be nice also...)

73,
Drew
AF2Z