From: Ian Liston-Smith <ian...@hotmail.co.uk>
To: Elecraft List <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wed, April 13, 2011 4:24:36 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 keying question

Two questions - both may be due to incorrect set up so please bear with me...

1) Just tried to use the K2 and first key stroke put it into tx mode and would
not 'un-key' unless switched off and switched back on. I found that once re-set
in this way, if I changed the mode switch to something else then to CW, this
cleared it and it's now ok. It's not done this before. Any ideas?

2) I have noticed that the first key stroke after switch on produces little if
any RF for about half a second, or until the next dot or dash. I have often
noticed this, though put it down to some error in set-up. But since I have now
just had the first problem, I thought I'd ask about this one now.

Thanks and regards,

Ian, G4JQT