Hi:  I have completed assembly of my K2 TX  serial 7059, an elecraft balun, the
K2 SSB adaptor, 100 W adaptor and elecraft KAT 100 antenna tuner.  I also just
raised an 80 meter dipole in my yard.  I have several hundred feet of ladder
line attached to the dipole.  I ran some of this ladder line toward my house,
with its first stop being attached to our shed.  From there it goes underneath
a deck that has very little crawl space.  It runs 16 feet from one end of the
deck to the other.  On this other end of  the deck, I will need to run it
against the house anaother 16 feet, turn a corner and run about 20 feet to a
point where it will come into the house.

 I am taking my information on how to make a spark arrestor from the web site
www.athensarc.org/ladder.asp
 It seems to me the best place to put a ground rod and spark arrestor would be
out near the shed, right below the dipole feedpoint.  The reason I am thinking
so, is that if lightning does strike, it would enter the ground out there, away
from the house.  If I put the spark arrestor and ground rod near the entry
point to the house, then lightning would travel under my deck, onto my house
siding and then enter the  spark arrestor and ground rod only after running
half the perimeter of my house across my nice Canadian cedar siding.

So my question is, where would the best place be for the ground rod and
lightning arrestor.  At the entry point to the house, or out beneath the dipole
center feedpoint?

73 de WN2K

Paul Agoglia