From: Alexander Sack [mailto:pisym...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:59 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] S-Meter Calibration

Hello:

Is it just my unit or did your K3/100 from the factory assembled have
the S-Meter way off in terms of calibration?  I have #4854 which was
assembled from the factory and the S-Meter was WAY OFF.  I mean 50uV
was reading S3.  With my Elmer's scope and the nice tuning directions
in the manual, we got it fairly accurate (S9 is 50uV without PRE on
all bands).

I am just curious if this was standard operating procedure?

Side question, notice what I said, S9 without PRE.  Yet the manual
wants you to turn on PRE.  Why?  That doesn't make any sense to me.

(Apologies if this has been rehashed before, I didn't do a thorough
search on this topic)

-aps