Another possible solution -- I believe some PDAs can play MP3 or WAV files,
so if you pre-record files on your home PC, they can be loaded onto the PDA
for playback.  You would have to create some sort of interface between the
PDA output and the mic jack and the PTT line if you do not use VOX.
I use Total Recorder (www.highcriteria.com) to create recordings on the
computer - most anything you can send through the sound card can be
recorded.

73,
Don W3FPR