From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Brendan Minish
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:14 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Clarification on QRQ mode changes in recent K3 beta
firmware (4.36)

Tom,

Have you any advice you might be able to share about how to best
progress towards true QRQ CW?

I am currently a reasonable CW contest op and can ragchew ok ~ 25WPM
most of the time when I am not trying too hard
When I try 'too hard' I start to loose the ability to headcopy easily
and once the head-copy is gone altogether you might as well bring our
cat into the shack to finish the QSO ;-)

I have spent many hours listening to text (books ) converted to CW at 35
to 50WPM and it has helped a bit, but it has not helped nearly as much
as I had hoped it would.
Just occasionally I can get into the 'zone' and follow a book just fine
at 40WPM but, then I 'notice' myself doing it and it all goes to pot
again, after that it's back to getting words here and there perfectly,
then missing the next one.

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ