I agree with you on the the fact that there are nice traditions outthere, kept
on going by true enthusiasm (rather than public money) such as Amateur Radio,
and I wish there were more like it based on cooperation and unconditional help
between people. We might have to rediscover or create them, because we are
going to need them.

But you must be joking about the royals.

Many countries (including USA) had to fight bloody battles to get their
independence (more or less successfully) from this family.
Plus there hasn't been a British king in England since the battle of Hastings,
and William the conqueror took over.
They didn't even speak English at the court for hundreds of years after that.
This is a tradition of classism and enslavement of the many (World level) for
the benefit of the few.

We need to discriminate between traditions.
Amateur Radio is 'noble' in a very much opposite way to royalty and empire
building.

Cheers,

Adi
2e0ttx