I too, have purchased a case for my XG3.  I purchased a diecast
aluminum Bud Box 6x3.25x1.84 inch to provide shielding for
weak-signal testing using attenuators.  Mouser  563-CU-476 $11.60.  I
also bought a BNC feedthru adapter and have a mini-phone jack to
provide external programing control.  I will not provide for external
power and may remove the mini-phone jack if that compromises shielding.

I will start by only installing the BNC adapter and test it.  The XG3
fits inside but not to bottom of the box as it tapers to the bottom
(why do they do that?).  I will have some photos on my website, later.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45