Hi Rich:

I heard you just fine here in Amarillo this evening. This was the first time I checked in also. I just finished a home brew 1/4 10m vertical this afternoon. The tuner in my 1000mp(running about 10 watts out) tuned it just fine on 40m. Tom was S9+10 but he said I had some QSB on my signal.

Signals here were often pretty marginal... not only due to QSB but also due to some pretty severe QRN... nasty stuff... I apologize to ANYONE I might have missed... at times I could hear a signal I though might have been calling, but could never pull any intelligence out of the noise, and when I'd ask for a possible relay, I'd generally just hear more noise... sorry.

Tom, what type of antenna are you running?  You were very loud.

Running a K2/100 at about 90W output into an inverted vee with the apex at 72', running N-S, so you were generally off the ends of the antenna.

I wonder if 40m was going long early, hence my weak signal.

Undoubtedly... happens just about every year this time <G>.

73,

Tom