Brian,

If the PA idling current was adjusted to 400 ma (increase over RX
current), then the KPA100 bias should be correct whether operated in the
base K2 enclosure or in a remote enclosure.

In other words, it should make no difference whether it is mounted on
the base K2 or in an external enclosure.  If you want to do a double
check just to be certain, then by all means do it.  The current during
the test (CW Test mode - which produces no RF, and TUNE) should increase
the current draw by 400 ma over the receive current draw.  The Receive
current draw by the KPA100 will be much smaller with the KPA100 mounted
remotely.

73,
Don W3FPR