I would not be surprised to hear Eric and Wayne state that price was not
that big a consideration with regard to the power supply even though it
would have been one of the considerations. My bet is that IMD performance,
reliability, durability and maybe stable performance played a significant
role in their final decision.

I have to say that given the testing I have done here the amplifier works
better than I expected. The quality I expected, but I still got a surprise
with the performance.

I don't find the amplifier heavy but of course a switcher would have reduced
some weight but I doubt it would have provided any further benefit...ymmv

73's
Gary

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment