Rob:

There are separate utilities for the K3, W2, P3, K144XV, KPA500 and XG3.
Yes, a couple more of them are on the radar.

We considered putting these all into one larger software offering, but I
couldn't think of a way to keep it simple and focused.

If I made one utility that could communicate with just one device at a time,
then users of the K3 and KPA500 who might want both utilities running
concurrently (say for the K3's terminal page and the KPA500 operate page)
would have to choose which tab they're viewing.

We'd also need quite an array of serial port choices to satisfy users who
have multiple serial ports connected to different devices.

If you're on the "save configuration" tab page, would it be the K3 or the
KPA500's configuration you're saving?

I fear that new users of just one Elecraft product (say just a P3) would be
find a uber-utility confusing. Confusing means "$upport calls".

The utilities progress at different times and in different ways.  The KPA
Utility's "operate" page requires a very internal different technique than
anything in the K3 Utility.  I'm making large changes right now to just the
KPA Utility to more smoothly handle the transitions between "not
communicating" to "back panel power switch on, front panel switch off" to
"front panel power on".  Eventually these techniques will influence the
other utilities.   But I can now make sweeping changes to one at a time
only.

Making changes to a single "uber utility" risks breaking unrelated functions
whenever I change anything.  Testing is easier if they're separate: when I
release a version of the KPA Utility, I don't have to test K3-only
functionality like TxGain or RF Gain calibration. The test matrix for a
larger utility would be daunting and would make it impossible to release
anything in a hurry.

You can delete some or all of the Elecraft desktop icons if you find them
cluttering your desktop, they're not essential. Just right click the desktop
icon and choose "delete.  The Utilities can be found on the Start Menu under
"Elecraft".

Or you might also want to create a single desktop folder, perhaps named
"Elecraft Cornucopia" and drag all the Elecraft Utility desktop icons into
that folder.

73 de Dick, K6KR