I find the K3 noise reduction to be acceptable.  My K3s are the best radios I
have owned, but I think the noise reduction algorythms could be made better.
The best NR in my opinion is found in the Ten-Tec Omni VII.  There is very
little SSB "coloring" in the Omni VII while background noise is drastically
reduced producing a very quiet receiver under high QRN conditions.  I would
still have my Omni VII if it did not lock up (ESD).  I hope the K3 NR firmware
can be revisited and improved in the future making the best transceiver even
better.  Roy  W4WFB