The great thing about being part of the rig is that the weight of the rig
holds the paddle down, keeping the overall weight of the portable station
down by quite a lot.  My paddle is quite heavy.  I once fitted a paddle
inside a Norcal 20 just because my usual paddle weighed more than the rig!

David
G3UNA