My K3 exhibits the same problem on 20M. I have to reduce power down to 90W to
run without the Hi Current warning with an antenna match of 1.1:1. All other
bands, no problem. I upgraded from a 30A switcher to a 35A linear supply to see
if that helped and there was no appreciable difference.  I do run my station
power through a RigRunner for power distribution. I am considering building a
properly fused cable and trying a direct connection to the power supply,
although the voltage sag on key down appears to be only about 0.8VDC.

73s Jim, W4ATK
On Jun 1, 2011, at 11:35 PM, r...@aol.com wrote:

> My K-3 has a high current problem on 20 and 30 meters but all of the  other
> bands are normal.
>
> Example currents into a Dummy Load as read on both the K-3 and Astron PS
> ammeters are:
>
> -20 meters @ 40 watts draws 19 amps.
> -20 meters @ 100 watts the "High Current" warning message comes on and
> draws 28 amps on the Astron.
>
> All other bands 160-6 meters, 40 watts draws an average of 12 amps and 100
> watts an average of 20 amps.
>
> Any idea what the K-3's problem is on 20 & 30 meters?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick- K9OM

JIM ROGERS, W4ATK
w4...@bellsouth.net