From: Hank Kohl K8DD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 4:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: tom.w3qs;
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] The K2 and Random Antennas

Tom ....

I would agree with Don!  The K2 & KAT2 should match it great ..... with or
without the radials.
When I was a young General in about 1959 or 60 I had great luck on 80 & 20
AM with a 60 - 65' longwire from the second floor window out to a tree.  The
shack was on the first floor with about 40 ft of coax of questionable
quality, and I used a tuner.  (WRL Globe Chief 90, homebrew cathode
modulator, WRL tuner and an SX-99 and a homebrew TR switch).
The more OT's that told me it shouldn't work, especially with no ground, the
better it seemed to work!
Give it a try and be sure to report back when you put the K2 & KAT2 on it.

72  73    Hank    K8DD

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
 level then beat you  with experience.'           -anon