My K3 has around 10 dB worse image rejection when operating outside the
ham bands with a KBPF3. Sensitivity is mostly OK except when using the
main (TX) antenna socket were the sensitivity drops off below 1 MHz and
is about 20 dB less sensitive on 500 KHz. If you use the KXV3
transverter interface the sensitivity isn't reduced.

I also have a Perseus, which is really good but of course requires a
computer. If you are seriously into broadcast band listening the Perseus
offers the neat trick of allowing you to record 1600 KHz chunks of
frequency to replay later, which means you can record the whole of long
and medium wave overnight and listen the following day.

73 Dave, G4AON