Adi,

The PLL range has no relationship to the adjustment range of C22.
How confident are you that the external frequency counter is accurate?
That is an important consideration.

An alternate (and better) method is to tune the K2 to a station that you
know the broadcast frequency with precision.  We here in the US can use
WWV, but there is a standard frequency station in Russia that works well
for those in Europe.  I am not familiar with its tone transmit
structure, so you will have to gain some information about that station.

Take a look at the N6KR method for setting the reference oscillator
detailed on my website www.w3fpr.com article on K2 Dial Calibration -
substituting your standard station for WWV.  That method does not depend
on anything other than tuning that standard station correctly (ignoring
the dial of the K2).
Once you have set C22 properly, continue with the steps in the procedure
and your K2 frequency readout should be correct to within 20 Hz.

73,
Don W3FPR