I haven't used my KAT100 in a while, but now that Don has tuned up my K2, I
thought I would try it again.  The KAT100 seems to be working and tunes up
my antenna -- I'm getting good signal reports.

I hooked up a Watts Up meter to the KAT100's power feed (not the K2's feed,
but rather the KAT100).  While I'm tuning, the Watts Up is showing an
average current draw of about 300 mA, but is also showing instantaneous
peaks as high as 1100 mA.  They must be very short duration, because they
are NOT blowing a fast-blow 1 amp fuse that I have in KAT100's feed circuit.
 I also notice that the Watts Up is reporting instantaneous peaks as high as
2100 mA when I'm transmitting (CW), but again it's not blowing a 1 amp fuse.

Is this likely a problem with the Watts Up, a problem with the K2 and/or
KAT100, or normal?

Thanks.

Jon
WB2RYV