Elecraft is overseas for me, 6000 some miles distant and their service is
superb!   Living in California, I sure would lust for a Porsche.
               73 Doug EI2CN  A humble Polo driver

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Brian McInerney
Sent: 09 June 2011 14:35
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] ELECRAFT DOES IT RIGHT

My experience with many, many other companies:

-The more they grow, the more problems the customers have.

-The more produces they have to sell the less attention is paid to the
ones they have had in the past. Until the decision is made to NO
LONGER SUPPORT.

-Up grades ALWAYS cost more than the original parts had they been put
in the original product.

-When you have a true simple question because of clarity. How do you
call, how long do you wait on the phone, and can you understand them
when they speak to you.

-In the last 3 weeks if have contacted a large computer company for
software problems and when it was over "3 hours later" I was worse off
and had to figure it out my self.  I have asked the tech at the
company to call me on the matter and never received a return call. At
least 4 times and 3 different tecks.

-The farther over seas the company is the more problems the customer has.

-Beta testing is done by the customer who buys the product not the a
selected group before it is made available to the public. When a
problem is found it is covered up and not solved--unless you send it
back to a factory and it may or may not get repaired.

-How many companies really read and respond to problems written in
their forms on their web sites. By respond I mean fix the problem or
offer a solution free of charge.

TO ALL WHO READ THIS POST:

ELECRAFT DOES NOT DO THE THINGS THAT OTHER COMPANIES DO. THEY ARE
TRYING VERY HARD TO MAKE IT A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE AND THE DO HAVE THE
CUSTOMER AND SERVICE OF THEIR PRODUCTS IN MIND. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING
THIS COMPANY FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND THEY DO CARE. I WAS NOT ASKED TO
WRITE THIS POST BUT FELT DUTY BOUND TO DO SO! SO I SAY, HANG IN THERE
WITH ELECRAFT AND YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCTS AND THE
SERVICE.

WB8IDY
BRIAN MCINERNEY
wn8...@gmail.com