Yesterday, my shack went up in smoke. Included in the rigs that became charred and melted piles of scrap was K1 #00569. May it RIP. (moment of silence)

Anyways, everything was insured for replacement, but I given the opportunity to design a station from the ground up I am considering my options. High on the list of option is purchasing a K2 as the main rig, and a KX1 for portable us. One of the important features on my new station is its flexibility on all the old and new digital modes. I am interested in knowing if a rig to soundcard interface is necessary for the K2. What is the most convenient method of using the rig on CW, SSB, and soundcard digital without having to constantly connect and reconnect cables.

My computer will be a Mac (like the one that melted) and I will be using MacLoggerDX, and Multimode OSX.

73 de Tim
AD7AN