Hi, folks, my K3, serial no. 584, has developed an intermittent
problem: at certain times after operating (mostly receiving) for a
hour or so the display suddenly turns on most of the elements (sorta
like the LCD TST when it's on) but not all of them.  It's been doing
this for the past week to two weeks.  I assumed it was a power supply
problem and cleaned all connections from the power supply to the rig
with DeoxIT but that didn't cure anything. Next I removed the front
panel and tried DeoxITting the connectors on it, but that didn't work
either.

I'm sort of at an impasse (as one often is when a problem in
intermittent), so I turn to the collective wisdom of the group for
ideas to check.  Any suggestions?

Please?

Thanks!

73,