OK, I think I need to learn more about replying in my own thread. This
nabble thing demanded more sign-in info, and I thought I had already signed
in! So back to the drawing board on using the Elecraft Forum.

However, I think we're really making ground on the topic at hand, my
problems with the K2 internal battery voltage.

The insight from Robie AJ4F, Don W3FPR, Alan W3DVX, & Guy clearly focused
the problem for me. I had already started looking at Don's website as I saw
earlier postings on the charging voltage requirements.

I'm running a 13.5 VDC output (and noisy) power supply from International
Power Supply, so I'm clearly under the needed 14.1-14.3 VDC charging
requirement. The battery is probably old (time flies too fast for me to
really tell), but it has to be at least 3-4 years old. The rig is very old,
and, frankly I can't recall when the battery was purchased. The K2 hit the
air only a few years ago (that's another story).

The insight about measuring the battery voltage under a larger load helped,
as did the thought that one cell may have gone bad.

I'm proceeding under the assumption that the battery is shot and nothing
happened to the rig. I plan to immediately replace the power supply.

Tnx es 72,

Dick AB0CD K2 #70 (yes, it's a beta)..