I find the P3 knob smallish and unnatural to tune. I find the P3 knob tap
not to my liking. My hands are busy enough during a contest, that I don't
like to move one to the P3.

Here's what I do.

Tune the B marker using VFO B knob. Select the frequency by tapping K3 A/B.
Fine tune with VFO A knob.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light