My approach ash been to use an old audio patch-bay, you can pick these
up pretty cheaply on ebay

I wrote it up here
http://ei6iz.com/?p=67

I have expanded the number of inputs in use a bit since and fills up the
now vacant Icom 7800 sized hole in my my shack nicely..

It also allows me to do things like plug in a second headset for a shack
visitor, Great for K3 diversity demos.

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 09:12 -0800, Edward R. Cole wrote:
> Having struggled with cable changes to connectors on the back of
> radios for years, my solution, when I built my current ham shack, was
> to space my radio table out from the wall 2 feet to allow access
> behind the equipment.  My radio cabinet is now three shelves above
> the table top.  I bought some ordinary peg board (with all the holes)
> attached to behind the table to floor level and attach wiring runs
> with tywraps thru the holes.  Photos:
> http://www.kl7uw.com/station%20layout.htm
>
> It is still a mess of cables but an accessible mess.  In time I
> expect the configuration will reach some level of maturity so I can
> make the cable layout a little neater.  One thing I would do if the
> room were larger is allow at least 3-feet space behind the radio
> table as it is a tight fit when I need to kneel down to make
> connections or test something.
>
> My wife tells me that she will build me a whole new ham shack
> attached to the garage if we ever "win the lottery" or other such
> windfall.  Still I keep fit running between the workbench in the
> garage to the ham shack to the two towers outside.  Having the ham
> shack adjacent to the workshop and direct outside entrance would save
> some shoe-leather!  My wife would have the third bedroom for normal
> use and the noise would be gone!  The question is whether the radios
> are the noise or am I? Ha!
>
> 73, Ed - KL7UW
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:09:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: stan levandowski <sjl...@optonline.net>
> Subject: [Elecraft] Managing Multiple Keys/Paddles More Easily
> To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
>
> I have multiple radios and every one of them has the key/paddle jack on
> the rear apron.  Because I built a custom 'cubby' for my station it's
> become annoying to change keys/paddles.  I have to reach behind or
> around the radios and "feel" for the right place, or move the radio.
> =====snipped========
>

> 73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

73
Brendan EI6IZ