Writing good manuals is hard ... very hard.  Long ago, I saw a video and
read a report of a "usability test" for a computer program running on an
IBM XT [I said, "long ago."]  There was the XT and a case with a few 5
1/4" floppies [I already said, "long ago"] on the desk in a small room.
The subject was to use the instruction manual to load the program from
the disk and begin using it.

1st instruction:  "Locate the XXXX program diskette in the case on the
desk."

     Subject checks the floppies, looks at the instruction again and
decides on one.

2nd instruction:  "Remove the diskette from the case."

     Subject lifts the floppy from the case ... leaving the paper
envelope in the case.

3rd instruction:  "Remove the diskette from the protective sleeve."

     Subject reads the instruction again, looks at the floppy, reads the
instruction a third time, pulls a Swiss Army knife from his pocket,
opens the scissors, and cuts the disk out of its cover.

Writing good manuals is very very hard.  While Elecraft manuals cannot
realistically be all things to all people in all situations, they do a
very good job. Next time you see an Elecraft Tech Writer, thank
him/her.  If you haven't had your 30th birthday, "floppy," "5 1/4,"
"paper envelope," and "protective sleeve" may not mean anything to you.

Fred K6DGW