First off it was a great Field Day and my new K3 impressed me extremely not
only in performance but in it's functionality.

To kick off Field Day I installed a new KPA100 into the K3. I did all the
necessary TX gain calibrations using a dummy load.

One thing I noticed immediately was that I was hearing a very high pitched
squeal coming from either the PA board or possibly the KIO3 (the board the amp
plugs into). The squeal seems to vary in frequency each time the transmitter
keys up (can only hear it when the radio is in TX). The squeal is not very loud
but its loud enough for me to hear it if I listen closely. It doesn't seem to
be power related. The squeal is there even if the radio is in TX but no power
going out (RF Pwr set to 0W). The closest thing I can compare the sound to is
perhaps a tiny leak in an air hose. Is this typical of a bad solder joint or
something?

This squeal only pertains to the new KPA100 installation. Before the amp was
installed I didn't hear a thing.

I should also note that nothing appears to be affecting performance. Puts out
100 watts no problem. Clean modulation, etc.