I assume that I will be able to use the Y cable with my MicroHam K2?

Bob, W1EQ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of n...@n5ge.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:46 AM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA500 AUX Cable Keying

Y' All

According to page 21 of the KPA500 owner's manual, when the Aux Cable is
used
with the KPA500 the PTT Cable should not be used.

I have the KPAK3AUX cable connected between the K3 And the KPA500 via the Y
cable that came with the cable kit, so that I can continue using my KR2C2.

The KRC2 is working as was before.

I have set all the power levels for the amp Standby and Operate of the
KPA500
and I can see that it is controlling the K3's output power in both Standby
and
Operate, and is changing bands when the K3 changes bands, but the KPA500 is
not
keying when in Operate on any band.

The Amp was keying and producing output as expected with around 30W drive
before
I hooked up the AUX cable.  I'm sure I've failed to make a setting on the
amp or
the rig, but I'll be darned if I can find a setting that even vagely sounds
like
the one to make.

Can someone shed some light on what I need to do to get the amp to key with
the
Aux Cable connected?

73,
Tom