Roger,

You would add your own output that would stay low until the sequencer out
for triggering the PTT on the rig is active. This output would also only
inhibit the rig when on 2M (a requirement you mentioned), by monitoring the
band data outputs of the radio. You would have to build this logic yourself,
and add it to your sequencer. (probably not enough time before this
weekend's VHF contest...) As I said, it would take some work. But what you
are asking for is insurance against operator error. How much does it cost
(in time and effort) to rebuild the LNA when you blow it?

Or, you could just stay away from that TX button... ;-)
73,
Bruce, N1RX