Dave KK7SS <kk...@frontier.com> wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> Did you run the KX3 on Field day?

Yes. Several of the K6SRA club members and I gave it a good workout. The food,
brew, and company were all excellent, too. My son (age 7) had a blast.

> If so... impressions....

Don't turn your back, or the rig will disappear :)  Everyone was very
enthusiastic about the small size and ergonomics.

It performed very well, too. This was a 100-watt FD effort, but we ended up
substituting the KX3 (at 5-10 W) for one of the "brand X" 100-W radios for most
of the weekend. We made contacts on both CW and SSB, with excellent signal
quality reports. One op had it running JT65 on 20 m, and I made a contact using
it hand-held with a 4-foot whip.

Personally, I'm finding that the KX3 really is the "dream" all-band/all-mode
portable we've been envisioning for the past 15 years. The technology finally
caught up with our impossible design spec.

73,
Wayne
N6KR