Martin:

The Elecraft K2 CW filters are a bit unusual in that, as you 'narrow' the passband, only one side of the xtal passband moves much. Thus, as you narrow the passband, the center freq will shift inward a bit with each narrowing of the passband.

Take a look at the illustration of the upper/lower passband edges in your manual (probably somewhere around page 107 in your manual, depending upon which manual revision you have... Look for "Crystal Filters and BFO Settings").

In what way was FL4 "not working". Is it possible that you have the BFO for FL4 set to the wrong side of filter center? That will make the signal appear to be badly off-freq.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS