The power supplies that typically come with external HD enclosures and
external CD/DVD drives should fit the bill quite nicely if they're quiet
enough, generally 12V at 2-2.5A. I've tried several, and havn't noticed
any significant noise with any of the ones I've used.

73, Ross N4RP

On 7/4/2011 5:23 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> I'm going to take a KX3 with me on vacation this summer, and I like to
> travel light. I'll have internal batteries for field operation, but
> for indoor use, I'm hoping to find a miniature power supply that meets
> these criteria:
>
> - very small (say 4 x 3 x 1 inches)
> - light weight (less than 1 lb)
> - 2 A min. peak output current
> - 13 to 14 VDC output voltage
> - input AC voltage range of 100-130 V
> - low noise
>
> I'm sure it will have to be a switching supply. The question is
> whether any exist with this form-factor that are also quiet from an RF
> perspective.
>
> Anyone know of such a unit?
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”