An important point about having any potential noise source in the shack is
that specific installation, cabling, grounding, shielding, antennas, antenna
locations, etc., etc., have a HUGE effect on the amount of noise heard.

That's why I go out of my way to avoid such potential noise generators. It's
not that they always must be tamed. It's not that they cannot be tamed. It's
a question of whether I want to spend the time and go to the effort to do
whatever it takes.

Ron AC7AC