I'm doing the alignment at the end of part 2 of the assembly.  So
far all seems to be well.  There is a quirky little thing that I wanted
to ask about.

     From page 63, PLL Reference Oscillator Range Test, step 3.

"When you're in frequency counter mode, the BAND+ and BAND- switches can
be used to check the range of the PLL reference oscillator.  First, tap
BAND+ and write down the frequency reading below (typically about 12100
KHz).  Then tap BAND- and write down this frequency reading (typically
12080-12090 KHz)."

     The range is fine, 13.25 KHz, but I noticed that when I tapped the
BAND- switch that the Ref. Low Freq. was only displayed for a short
time, from a fraction of a second to a couple of seconds, and then the
screen went back to the Ref. High Freq..  I was expecting the Ref. Low
Freq. to stay displayed until BAND+ was tapped again, as it does for the
BFO Test on page 65.

     Is this normal behaviour for this test?  If not, is it anything to
be concerned about?

     Thanks,

               Ron VE8RT