Just finished my KPA500 build--number 156.  It went together pretty
smoothly, but I have a suggestion for subsequent builders.  Probably most of
you would have done this anyway, but I didn't!  What I now think is a good
practice, and what I didn't do, is to take all of the screws as you
inventory them and put them in clearly marked and separate trays by size and
type.  They come in various bags, and many of them are confusing to
distinguish from each other since many are very similar in size.  There are
a lot of them!!!!  I didn't remember having that much difficulty
distinguishing screw sizes/types on other Elecraft kits.

I had counted the screws, and marked them on the inventory, going bag by
bag.  I assumed it might be easier to keep them in each bag after inventory,
and that they would then be easier to locate as you build each section.
Problem is, you actually move back and forth a bit, between some of the
sections, and there is a bag of "miscellaneous parts" you have to dip into
now and then.

Anyway, I just think separating them all at the outset is better and faster
ultimately.

The interlock actuator calls for a 4-40 1/2" black flat head screw (P. 39).
I didn't find one, nor do I see one on the inventory.  That's the only parts
list item I couldn't locate.

When I did the "power up" test, to check my mains voltage setting, the
display simply said "MCU LOAD".  That threw me for a minute, and wasn't
mentioned in the instructions as something to expect (hope it is normal!),
but eventually I got a proper display and was able to confirm my line
voltage as being adequate for the way I have the amp configured.

Everything packs in there appropriately, but little room to spare.  I
probably spent 5 or 6 hours putting it together.  I wasn't in a big hurry.
It's a beautiful piece of gear!

Dave W7AQK

=======
http://www.pctools.com/