Yes, as in coax for an example.  when transmitting eg via coaxial cable which
is properly installed the rf currents flow on the inside surface and not on the
outside surface.  I mention proper installation .. In which case steps are
taken to keep the inside and outside surfaces separate (at rf).  In your
example,  plain copper pipe wil have a total surface of the inside + outside.
If you solder on caps then you will have just the outside.

Jim
VE3CI

Sent from my iPod