Thanks for their help to: Dick (K6KR), Mike(KS7D), Don(W3FPR),
Dave(W8OV), and Rich(VE3KI). I have sinned. I did not give enough
background. I had, for several years, my K3 and logging programs set up
with an old IBM laptop with Win2000Pro. A few months ago the laptop
destroyed itself. Everything was backed up on the upstairs computer. Why
have I not replaced the laptop by now. I was going to buy a new
superduper modern laptop but did not do so for the following reasons:
senior senior year, lazy, disorganized, dithering over which computer
and how much to pay. Recently someone gave me another old IBM laptop
with Win2000Pro so I thought I would set it up temporarily in order to
use N1MMLogger for casual contesting and logging. It is now all set up
except for the Prolific driver. I don't remember how I got the driver
for the original set up. If it was a CD. I can't find it. I have
downloaded 7-Zip. The help file is not much help. It reminds me of
infantry basic training: 1) point piece in right direction, 2) pull
trigger. So I'll see what happens. Thanks again.

73,
Bud, K9ZT