I just added the SSB board to my K2 and it seems to be working great.  (I made
40-meter QSO and was given a report of "nice crisp audio.")  I'm not an SSB
operator and my real goal for adding this option is to be able to work some of
the digital modes.  I have 3 quick questions...

1.  Is there any advantage to using the RTTY mode as opposed to the SSB mode on
the K2?

2.  If I use the RTTY mode, do I need to change the filter settings?  Currently
they show 2.2, 2.0, 1.8, and 1.6 as default values without any setup from me.
(I setup my SSB filters to OP1, OP1, 1.8, and 0.7 with the thought that the 0.7
might be useful in some digital situations.)

3.  I configured my K2 microphone connector for an Icom HM-12 microphone (the
only one that I own) which requires a small bias voltage on AF through a 10k
resistor.  Is this bias voltage likely to cause me any trouble when I hook up
my
interface (a "Rascal" from K4ABT)?  ...  Actually, I think that I have already
answered this question by looking at the schematic for the Rascal interface.
The AF connects through a capacitor to an audio level pot across an isolation
transformer.  That capacitor should block the DC bias so I don't think that I
will need to reconfigure the microphone connector in the K2.  Does this make
sense?

Thank you ahead of time for any and all comments to any of my questions!

73,
Paul - N8XMS