Pete Smith wrote:
>I recently repaired a KIO3 board, replacing U1 to restore serial port
>operation.  It worked, but in the course of doing the job it was
>annoying to contend with the circuit board skittering across my work
>surface.  Now I have another KIO3 to repair, and I'd like to avoid the
>hassle.  What do you folks use to hold a circuit board in place flat on
>your work surface?

For small boards I use a Panavise (clone) to hold the board firmly at a
convenient angle for soldering:

<http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/in-prac/best-of.htm#0809>

For ESD protection, the clip lead connects the circuit ground on the PC
board to the safety ground for the soldering iron, and also to an ESD
wrist strap.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek