Jim

Instead of using 8T to drive the keying circuit, you should use the fall
of 8R - 8R falls before 8T is asserted and stays down longer than 8T is
active.  It will follow the menu setting for t-r (8R HOLD) and the delay
setting.
Using 8T could cause hot switching at the amplifier in some cases.

The circuit on the Elecraft website uses 8R, and in fact 8T is not
present at J13 for the B level (post SN 3000) RF Boards.

73,
Don W3FPR