Hi Everyone!

I have two questions that I would like to pose to the group about grounding and
soldering PC boards:

1.  I know about ESD precautions, and I do take them.  I have a wrist strap,
and my soldering iron is ESD safe.  I am working on my K2 in the basement.  I
have pained concrete floors and walls.  I sit in a rolling chair that doesn't
seem to have any static issues.  And, my work table is a painted wood bench.
As long as I wear my wrist strap, I should be OK due to the environment I am
in, right?  I'd be more concerned if I was working in a carpeted room or the
like.  Unless it is winter and I wear a sweater, I never have ESD problems down
in the shack.

2.  Has anyone else had this happen to them...You go to solder your components
onto the board, and the component or board doesn't want to take the solder
immediately?  I had this problem with the 160 meter board yesterday.  I am
using a Weller soldering station with a tip that looks to be in good order,
Kester 60/40 solder, and proper technique.  Any ideas?

73 & Thanks,

David
KC9EHQ