Back in the 50's I knew a ham who always bought the latest ham rig. He
would spray paint it and tell his XYL it was just something he built. Well one
day she picks up the mail before he got to it. There was a invoice for a
new  expensive radio. For years he had told her they could not afford new
household  appliances! Needless to say she got her new appliances! Expensive
radio!  73 George/W2BPI