Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:10:07 -0700
From: "lyle johnson" <k...@wavecable.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 100 and 50 hz DSP filtering
To: "Tommy Alderman" <alderm...@windstream.net>,
    <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

You are probably using Rx EQ and have your preferred
sidetone pitch peaked to something more than 0 dB.  RxEQ
is not available at these two narrow bandwidths.

Note:  It seems that many people believe that the Rx EQ is
an *additional* filter cascaded with the normal DSP
filter.  It is not.

In general, if you want to apply RxEQ shaping in CW mode,
I recommend that you set your preferred sidetone pitch to
0 dB and use cuts on either side, or for whatever shaping
you prefer, and not use any peaking above 0 dB.  That will
avoid this problem.

73,

Lyle KK7P